Wednesday, November 21, 2012

i still havent found what im looking for

Since I was little or as long as I can remember Ive been a great fan of the movies. They have been the singlemost uncontested love that I have had ever since I was a child, to the extent that I find myself quoting from them in real life situations. To be honest I am not a fan of all the genres, i am a romantic movie girl, always have been, always will be!

Having watched a whole ton of romantic films today I can see the pattern in all of them, a pattern that made me love them, that i would look unknowingly look out for and find comfort in. Every story begins with a girl who has either never really been in love or due to unimportant situations doesnt believe in love anymore, who meets her guy in the most uncommon of places, falls in love but doesnot explicitly express it although it is explicitly recognised by eevryone else ( who play an important role in the end), gets hurt, leaves the scene, however few scenes later is pursued by the guy or in some cases vice versa, makes a heart wrenching confession of love and well lives happily ever after! From Cindrella to the current day's Andie and Sams the story doesnt really change..

Today was perhaps my zillionth watch, but today I am intrigued and compelled to question this pattern?  Does this pattern make the story or do all stories have this pattern? Given that I am somewhere still stuck in the first few scenes of my own story, do i need to have this pattern clear? Are these stages the defining stages of a narrative or is it experience of wise men being expressed over a medium called film making? I guess right now I dont have the answers and well somewhere i really dont want the mystry unravelled.. But what is true as of now is that I still havent found what I am looking for......

No comments:

Post a Comment