Saturday, January 5, 2013

The two lives we lead

Most of us lead two lives, the one we actually live and the one we live in our heads.. I realised this while I was at work the other day. It was that break in the day, where one has finished the main task and deliverable for the day and is free to browse, read or get updated on the news. I was using this break to read some of the generic mails that had come in about social blogging, media trends etc.. it was at that time that I came across this article by a senior leader in the company and as I was reading the article, parallelly in my head I began to imagine what it wold like to be a published writer, a writer whose work people will read like I am reading someone's work. I began to think of my blog, what the topics would be etc.. It was at that very moment I realised the two lives I am living.

How many of us live this way i wonder? one foot in the present and one dangling in ones conscience. it is a funny thought and if you can picture it, it will be a funny image but that exactly how a segment of us live. We get stressed over un acomplished goals in our imagined life and stress over the difficulty of the present, when possibly if the imagined life did get true, it would be equally difficult in its own way. Are we then really tuned to be stressed? Are we all really out there to make ourselves miserable and look for targets to blame? Well of course there are situations and people out there which cause enough distress, but are we really stressing ourselves out? What is that fine line between dreaming and making ourselves run behind a cloud? Will we be better off with feet firmly on the ground or is it the parallel life that keeps us going?

Lots of questions, with possibly one answer.. and this one answer is different for different people. For some, it could be take life as it comes, some it is not to take oneself too seriously and for some it is a constant quest.. My answer is that both these lives are mine and to make the most of that I need to stop worrying about things that I can do nothing about. But whatever said and done, what makes life wonderful is that it needs to be discovered everyday and with each opened layer it the picture gets clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment