Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The volley of thoughts

Men cannot multitask and women can never think of one thing at a time. These may be the stereotypes we live with but in my experience so far they are so very true. I think I fit into this stereotype like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle and believe you me it is not something I boast about.

A million things passing my mind asking me questions, suggesting options, playing devils advocate, proposing new ventures, scaring me with the what ifs of the world and all this at the same time. It is really a wonder I havent short circuited my brain by now. With each passing year it gets more complicated and the number of thoughts increase! Why O why are we women wired this way? In this volley of thoughts, where some hit me right in the head, some miss me and some stay forever how have I managed to find sense and answers? Well thats a wonder and I guess Im not to going to start figuring that one out!

So the big question is what to do when these volley of thoughts attack me, bombard me and leave me standing there like a damsel in distress? earlier on it in situations like this I would call my best friends and we would discuss these various situations and most of the times add to them, or I would call my boyfriend and well that would either lead to feeling better or a fight or I would put on a movie or watch my favorite sitcoms as they would transport me to a world where these thoughts couldnt find me at least for sometime. Things are different now, best friends are there but these conversations have outgrown us, boyfriend.. hmm who is that? but the movies and the sitcoms are there but not doing such a great job as usual but yes still bailing me out time to time.. What remains is well writing it all out, sharing it with myself and telling it to myself out loud cos believe me that works too..

So all my girlfriends out there.. your thoughts troubling you? well take them a thought at a time and write them all out cos that will drive them away or turn them into that friend you wanted  it to be..

No comments:

Post a Comment